We work with three different types of partners: strategic, regional and local partners
We work in strategic partnership with international and national organisations that are very experienced an active in addressing the shift to sustainable consumption and production in the Mediterranean region. Our strategic partners are likeminded organizations to facilitate the exchange of ideas, build bridges and synergies and foster cooperation among diverse organizations in different countries with shared goals.
Our strategic partners represent a diverse range of organizations whom we trust to help us execute our mission. Their expertise enables us to do far more than we could alone, and their passion and talent inspire us.
- have long-term commitment in the Mediterranean region
- have deep technical expertise on sustainable consumption and production
- work on a broad range of topics such as eco and social innovation, collaborative economy, life cycle assessment, green entrepreneurship business models…
- involve the Mediterranean countries in project design and implementation
- share the same values and vision for the region with us
Our current strategic partners are:
We are four regional partners that coordinate the implementation of all the SwitchMed activities: United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), United Nations Environment Programme Mediterranean Action Plan (UNEP/MAP), Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) and the Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (UNEP/DTIE).
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). More information on its role at SwitchMed, click here.
- United Nations Environment Programme, Mediterranean Action Plan (UNEP/MAP). More information on its role at SwitchMed, click here.
- Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and production (SCP/RAC). More information on its role at SwitchMed, click here.
- UNEP Divison of of Technology, Industry and Economics (DTIE). More information on its role at SwitchMed, click here.